My sister Lindsay introduced me to these and they are divine! Made these today for my friends and family and they were not disappointed.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Yield: About 5 dozen small cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely.
2 cookies equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.