My sister-in-law found this salad recipe and I love it! Its a great alternative to a green salad. This makes a lot, so if you are serving it as a side dish, I would suggest halving the recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 4 tsp. vegetable stock (Better than Bouillon from Costco)
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cup uncooked quinoa (Red from Whole Foods)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint cherry/pear shaped tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Bring the water, bouillon, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the quinoa, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes. Discard the garlic clove and scrape the quinoa into a large bowl.
Gently stir the onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, parsley, chives, and salt into the quinoa. Drizzle with the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil. Stir until evenly mixed. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.