Today I decided to do something a little different and made mini peach pies! You follow the same recipe as the pie recipe I have posted, but you bake them in a cupcake pan. I used a ramekin to cut 4 inch circles out of the pie crust for the bottom of the pan, put in the filling, added the top layers, baked for 30 minutes, and they were ready to eat!
My sister Lindsay introduced me to these and they are divine! Made these today for my friends and family and they were not disappointed.
Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Yield: About 5 dozen small cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions; shape each into a 10-in. x 2-1/2-in. log. Place 4 in. apart on greased or foil-lined baking sheets. Make a 1/2-in. depression down the center of each log. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- Fill depressions with jam. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; cut into 3/4-in. slices. Place on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over warm cookies. Cool completely.
2 cookies equals 134 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Homemade peach pie with vanilla ice cream is my favorite all time dessert! The warm pie melts the ice cream and you have this delicious peach/vanilla mixture. The crust is what takes this pie to another level though. Chance’s mom Sheila and sister Amber taught me how to do the crust and I will never try another recipe! This one is the best.
Fresh peach pie filling
Servings: 1 pie
- 3/4 to 1 Cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Flour
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- (may add dash cinnamon)
- 5 Cups sliced peaches
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, and salt. Then add peaches and butter.
Servings: 1/2 (If making top and bottom layer)
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 Cup corn oil
- 2 Tbsp. really cold water
Mix flour and salt. Add other ingredients and mix. Roll out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap (so it doesn’t stick to rolling pin) and put in bottom of pan.
Add filling, and repeat pie crust steps. Add 2nd crust to top of pie. Add slits for air vents.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.